- How can creativity be taught or explored within a traditional academic course bound by a traditional academic calendar?
- If research indicates that knowledge and facts have little bearing on the decisions we make--that, in fact, passion and existing beliefs have far greater bearing--what is the role of education?
- Do taxpayers understand or care about the reality that tax dollars support the academic practice of providing guaranteed salaries for tenured academics and the increasing size (and salaries) of administrative oversight?
- Have we constructed (or allowed the construction of) political and educational systems that are, for all practical purposes, mostly divorced from the people they are charged with representing and educating?
- Within the boxes of our making, how do so many people still manage to find beauty around them, value in a life well lived, and purpose in brief existence?
Perhaps the last question is the necessary but not sufficient condition for grappling with the others.